|Table of Contents|
Luticia Achea Claiborne
Seventh Child of Ephraim Claybourn
15 August 1824 - 22 August 1891
Lutitia Achea Claiborne was born on 15 August 1824 as the seventh child of Ephraim and Polly Claybourn . She married Jesse "Jess" Williams, who was born on 27 March 1813 in Tennessee to David Williams  and Elizabeth van Hooser .
Lutitia, Jesse and four of their children are listed in the 1850 census at DeKalb County, Tennessee . Jesse listed his occupation as farming and claimed real estate valued at $150. The young family then moved to St. Francois County, Missouri with Jesse's brother William Carroll Williams, and their sister Nancy Williams Bennett (who had married George W. Bennett). William (Jesse's brother) remained in Missouri, but in 1858 Jesse/Lutitia and Nancy/George W. Bennett moved on to Van Buren County, Arkansas (part of Van Buren Co. later became Cleburne Co.). The 1860 census lists Jesse as a farmer with real estate valued at $300 and a personal estate valued at $125 .
Lutitia and Jesse remained in Van Buren / Cleburne County for the rest of their life, and can be found there on the 1870 census  and 1880 census . Jesse died on 22 March 1890 in Quitman, Arkansas and Lutitia followed in death on 22 Aug 1891. Over the course of their moves Lutitia and Jesse would have nine children together, all listed below.
- John Monroe Williams (click name for separate biographical sketch) was born on 20 Oct. 1843 in DeKalb Co., Tennessee. His date of death is unknown.
- David Richardson Williams (click name for separate biographical sketch) was born on 8 July 1845 in DeKalb Co., Tennessee and died on 4 February 1900.
- Sarah Elizabeth Williams (click name for separate biographical sketch) was born on 17 Nov. 1846 in DeKalb Co., Tenn. and died on 2 June 1890 in Quitman, Cleburne County, Arkansas.
- James Carroll Williams was born on 9 March 1849 in DeKalb Co., Tenn. and married on 7 July 1872 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas to Zilpha Patterson . James died on 11 June 1889 and Zilpha followed some time after 1900, both in Quitman, Arkansas.
- Nancy E. Williams was born in September of 1877 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. She married Richard Thomas Little in about 1896 in Arkansas. They had two children together.
- Vernon V. Little was born in about 1898.
- Herman L. Little was born in 1906.
- Vernon Williams was born in 1880.
- Sarah "Jennie" Williams was born on 18 June 1884 in Quitman, Cleburne Co., Arkansas. On 3 January 1915 she married Robert Franklin Anthony  in Cleburne Co., Arkansas . Sarah died on 5 Nov 1926 in Quitman, Cleburne Co., Arkansas and Robert followed in death on 19 Dec 1930 in Faulkner Co., Arkansas .
- Nancy Jane Williams was born in 1852 in DeKalb County, Tennessee. She married (1st) in 1874 in Van Buren County to John Hudson. It is not known if this John died or they divorced, but on 31 Jan 1878 she married (2nd) Daniel Lewis Kennedy in Van Buren Co., Arkansas . Nancy's date of death is unknown but it occurred after 1878. She had one child with John and one with Daniel Kennedy, each listed below.
- John Hudson, Jr. was born in about 1876 in Van Buren County, Arkansas.
- William Franklin Kennedy was born on 19 Nov 1878 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. On 23 May 1900 he married Ellen Mae Hudson in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. William died on 9 April 1847 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas and is buried there in the Quitman Methodist Church Cemetery. William and Ellen had five children together:
- James Lewis Kennedy was born on 23 March 1902 and died not many months later on 26 Aug 1902.
- Effie Kennedy was born on 16 July 1905 and died on 20 March 1989.
- Ralph Thomas Kennedy was born on 11 May 1908 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas and died in February of 1970 in Greenwood, Sebastian Co., Arkansas.
- Fred Allison Kennedy was born on 10 Aug 1914 and died on 17 June 2002 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas.
- William Truman Kennedy was born on 15 Oct 1923.
- Mary C. Williams was born in 1854 in St. Francois County, Missouri. In about 1879 she married John Ward (born in January of 1854) in Van Buren County, Arkansas. Together they had two children:
- Lutitia E. Ward was born in about 1879 in Van Buren County, Arkansas. On 24 January 1897 she married J. E. Thomas (born in 1874) in Cleburne Co., Arkansas.
- James D. Ward was born in April of 1881 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas.
- William Claiborne Williams (click name for separate biographical sketch) was born on 9 Oct 1856 in Van Buren County, Arkansas and died in November of 1932 in Cleburne County, Arkansas.
- George Washington Williams (click name for separate biographical sketch) was born on 10 November 1859 in Van Buren County, Ark. and died in 1941 in Cleburne County, Arkansas.
- Jesse Milton Williams was born on 23 March 1864 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. On 17 July 1887 he married Zoie England in Cleburne Co. . Jesse was educated at the common schools, commenced studying for the ministry in 1884, and was licensed to preach the same year. He went on to become the minister in charge of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, at Ada. A brief biography published about him read, "Rev. Mr. Williams, though still a young man, has won many admirers by his brilliancy and promise. All speak highly of him as a courteous gentleman."  Jesse's date of death is unknown, but Zoie died in 1932 in Arkansas. Jesse Milton Williams and Zoie England only had one child, a daughter, listed below.
- Nina Williams was born on 13 Aug 1888 in Quitman, Cleburne Co., Arkansas. Nina married on 16 June 1915 in Atkins, Arkansas to Ivan Roy Hill . Nina died on 29 May 1986 in Cochise Co., Arizona. Nina and Ivan had three children together.
- Richard Williams Hill was born on 29 Aug 1916 in Carroll Co., Arkansas. Richard died on 21 April 1983 in Dallas Co., Texas.
- Sara Zoe Hill was born on 16 June 1918 in Carroll Co., Arkansas. On 25 Jan 1935 in Fayetteville, Arkansas she married Elbert Britnell .
- Mary Ellen Hill was born on 1 Sept 1926 in Carroll Co., Arkansas.
References and Notes