|Table of Contents|
George Washington Williams
Eighth Child of Luticia Achea Claiborne
10 November 1859 - 4 June 1945
George Washington Williams was born on 10 November 1859 in Van Buren County, Arkansas. He married on 8 October 1882 to Annie Laura Jenkins . George was ordained a deacon on 19 November 1885 and an elder on 24 Nov 1889 of the Methodist Church. This is recorded at the Faulkner County courthouse in Conway. They came from Tennessee by wagon train. They moved to the George W. Williams place in the fall of 1888 and continued on until 1990 when the family split. The house was destroyed by fire in February of 1992 and other fires .
Anna died on 20 Dec 1940 and George followed on 4 June 1945 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas . Together they had six children, all listed below.
- Watson Dupree Williams was born on 15 Sept 1883 in the Mt Pleasant Community of Arkansas . On 15 Dec 1912 he married Ida May Clayton  in Arkansas. Watson died on 19 Jan 1966 in Cleburn Co., Arkansas and is buried at the Mt Pleasant Cemetery in Faulkner Co., Arkansas . He and Ida had one child together.
- John Max Williams was born on 31 Aug 1924 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas. He married Willodean McKaskle and died on 22 June 1982 in Arkansas . John and Willodean had one child, Faber Howard Williams, born in about 1945.
- Letha Annie Williams was born on 6 Sept 1886 in Conway, Faulkner Co., Arkansas. She died on 22 Feb 1963 at home in Arkansas and is buried in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Faulkner Co., Arkansas. Relatives remember her being so quiet that they can't ever remember hearing her talk.
- Mamie Inez Williams
was born on 16 June 1889 in Cleburne or Faulkner Co., Arkansas. She married Austin A. Johnson (born on 5 Aug 1882). Mamie died at the young age of twenty on 19 Nov 1919 and her husband died many years later in 1971 in Arkansas . Despite Mamie's death at a young age, she had four children, all listed below.
- Earl Hardy Johnson was born on 22 Sept 1914 in Arkansas. He married Vauda Lee Cunningham and died on 20 Feb 1968 .
- Opal Inez Johnson was born on 21 Sept 1915 in Arkansas and married Arnold L. Crosby. Opal died on 20 June 1975 and Arnold died on 28 Aug 1990, both in Pine Bluff, Jefferson Co., Arkansas. Together they had at least five children (three males and two females).
- Paul Turney Johnson was born on 19 Dec 1916 but died about eight months later on 12 Aug 1917. He is buried at Mt Pleasant Cemetery in Faulkner Co., Arkansas.
- Troy Martin Johnson was born on 27 May 1918 in Arkansas and died on 2 Nov 1989 in Clarksville, Johnson Co., Arkansas.
- Mary Emma Williams
was born on 15 Aug 1891 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas. She married Alfred Ollin Ward (29 Jan 1895 - 11 Dec 1922). Mary died on 24 June 1960 in Arkansas and is buried in the Pearson Cemetery . They had at least one child, Mary Olena Ward, born on 2 December 1922.
- Deema Ween Williams was born on 3 July 1893 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas. On 5 Dec 1915 she married Isaac Byrd Brannon  in Faulkner Co., Arkansas. Deema died on 1 May 1955 in Little Rock, Pulaski Co., Arkansas. Deema and Isaac had four children together, listed below.
- Pauline Brannon was born on 8 July 1917 in Quitman, Cleburne Co., Arkansas. On 14 Nov 1936 she married William Ervin Lewallen  in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. William and Pauline were married by Rev. G.W. Williams, Pauline's grandfather. Pauline died on 2 June 1960 in Cardwell, Dunklin Co., Missouri and William followed in death in December of 1975 in Chicago, Illinois. Together they had five children (three males and two females).
- Doris Mae Brannon was born on 7 Sept 1921 in Arkansas. On 22 Feb 1939 she married Jesse Doyne Parish  in Faulkner Co., Arkansas. Doris died on 27 Jan 1987 and Jesse followed on 2 May 1999, both in Bee Branch, Van Buren Co., Arkansas. They had four children together.
- Clarise Maude Brannon was born on 19 July 1923 in Arkansas. On 27 July 1946 she married Conley James Lawrence  in Faulkner Co., Arkansas. Conley died on 26 Nov 1973 and Clarise on 2 July 1995, both in Pulaski Co., Arkansas. Both are buried in Crestlawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Conway, Faulkner Co., Arkansas. Together they had four children, listed below.
- Jimmy Dean Lawrence was born on 17 Jan 1950 and died in an automobile accident on 18 Jan 2001 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Lavonda Gail Lawrence
- Randy Lawrence
- Carla Sue Lawrence
- Gladys Marie Brannon was born on 4 Feb 1927 in Arkansas. She married Alonzo Long and died on 4 Sept 2005 in Fowler, Georgia. Gladys and Alonzo had at least three children.
- Avery Clark Williams
was born on 8 June 1904 in Cleburne Co., Arkansas. He died on 24 May 1986 in the Lakeland Nursing Home in Heber Springs, Cleburne Co., Arkansas.
References and Notes